Thursday, July 1, 2010

Time flies when you're absolutely not having fun

Ugh, where does the time go? I had a horrible, painful meeting at work--again!--last week, followed by the mad dash to finish all the work produced by said meeting before the deadline, interrupted by a "suspicious package" that locked down my office building yesterday. While I was inside. Rough couple of weeks.

Fortunately I'm gearing up for a well-deserved vacation. And I have a new knitting project--one that I'm actually going to design. Kinda sorta.

Dad wants a "colorful" guitar strap. This might, could, possibly be the perfect opportunity to try some colorwork. I'm thinking I could knit the strap as a tube, and seam it flat. Some kind of blue/brown palette is dancing in my head, but I don' t really have a clue about the actual stitch pattern.

And then, of course, how to fashion it so it will securely fasten to the guitar?

Tricky.

Speaking of Dad, check out the cute socks I gave him for Father's Day:


These are the Traditional Gansey Socks from Wendy Johnson's Socks from the Toe Up, knit in Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed (colorway Oak).

I have to say, I really adore knitting socks from the toe up. I don't know if I can ever go back. Well, that's not true--there are lots of cuff down patterns I like, and I'm way too lazy to convert them to toe-up, so I will go back, but I won't be happy about it.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!

No comments :