Wednesday, February 9, 2011

To E or Not to E

Yet another day has passed with no one commenting on my stunning plethora of headgear. I'm starting to think people here just don't pay attention.

(Or maybe they're part of some kind of revolting underground anti-hat organization.)


But I will soldier on to fulfill my mission to display an absurd and somewhat inappropriate number of handknit hats to the masses this winter!


::Uplifting music::


Here's the latest member of my hat parade:


IMG_3817

Pattern: Autumn Vines Beret from NeverNotKnitting, Alana Dakos
Yarn: Madelinetosh Pashmina (squeee!) in Saffron, about half the skein
Mods: None, though I left off the little bobblette at the top, and just used a regular cast-on because I'm an incredibly lazy knitter.
Verdict: Love! Gorgeous pattern, fast knit, warm hat. What's to complain about?

Oh, you know what? Now that I think of it, I had to knit row 13 like 3 times. There's nothing wrong with the chart, I'm just astoundingly dense. I know my right from my left, I swear, but when I see references to "right" and "left" in knitting patterns, I go into panic mode and all spatial concepts immediately fly out my ear. True story.

And in case anyone was wondering what steps I've taken to address the previously blogged about (over)abundance of Palette yarn, Stephanie, who shares her awesomeness over at They Call Me Yarn, has talked me into tackling these Camilla mittens. Pretty, huh? So far I've done just the first cuff and 5 rounds of the pattern, but they're looking quite gorgeous, if I do say so myself. I bought this Amazing Doohickey over at Knitpicks, and I can't say enough good things about it. My tension is even, and no puckering--a miracle for only $1.19. I'm giddy thinking about how it will speed up my abyssmal progress on the Deep V Argyle Vest.

(p.s. I spent several minutes pondering whether or not doohickey has an E in it. Then I looked it up. I really go the extra mile for my blogging, don't I?)

2 comments :

Mrs. Homesteader said...

that doohickey is beyond cool! I think I'm going to have to add that to my next KP order!

Steph said...

Huh. I'm officially intrigued. For $1.19 I might have to try that, even though I'm used to one strand in each hand....