Sunday, April 3, 2011

Days 6 and 7

Is there a pattern or skill that you don’t yet feel ready to tackle but which you hope to (or think you can only dream of) tackling in the future, near or distant? Is there a skill or project that makes your mind boggle at the sheer time, dedication and mastery of the craft? 

I keep saying I'm going to steek something, but I haven't gotten there yet. I fully intend to do it, though, because it seems to useful.  Very intricate colorwork is of course impressive, and I don't know that I'll ever have the patience for it, but I don't want to rule it out yet--I hope I have many years of knitting ahead of me!

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

So far, I am not a social knitter. I just don't feel comfortable whipping a WIP out during social events. But that said, I do take my knitting with me a lot. I'll knit in the car, on the subway, at the office during lunch, anywhere I have to wait idly. Most often you'll find me knitting on the couch, watching documentaries about Ancient Egypt and other nerdy shows (I adore Ancient Aliens! Something lacks a scientific explanation? Must be aliens!). In fact, right now I'm watching Eating With Cannibals, and knitting, instead of doing laundry.

I usually don't eat and knit, because I have enough stray cat hairs finding their way into my knitting, I don't kneed anything else getting in there. 


So, that's it--Knit and Crochet Blog Week draws to a close! Hope it got everyone thinking about their crafting, and their blogging.


No comments :