Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GOAL!

When it comes to knitting, I love to set personal goals for myself. Remember earlier this year when I said I was going to knit 10 pair of socks, 2 sweaters, 2 tops and finishing the Deep V Argyle Vest? Clearly my personal goals are not always realistic, but I do like to set them. This is also called Being Naive, and sometimes, Setting Myself Up for Failure.

(I'm not even going to provide an update on the aforementioned objectives. Just . . . sigh.)

Given my tendency to establish lofty, unreachable goals, I could hardly ignore a new group on Ravelry that would give me the opportunity to toss a few more unrealistic aspirations into the mix.

Cover to Cover Quest is a group for knitters and crocheters who are going to attempt to complete all the patterns in a book (or magazine, Knitty issue, etc.). That's right, all the patterns. Which means I could've chosen a book with a reasonable number of projects, but that would be very unlike me. So instead, I've opted for Brave New Knits, which has 26 patterns, including several large jackets. (You can check out all the patterns on Ravelry here.)

The good news is, I've already completed one project (the Orchid Thief Shawlette), cast on for a second (Sockstravaganza) and purchased yarn for a third (Delysia Camisole). So I'm not starting from scratch here. There's also no timeline for this challenge--the group is intended to be a place where people can find support for their own personal challenge, not a competition.

So, come craft with us!

(I also may or may not have decided that in the midst of this project, and another project where I try to knit 4 pair of socks by the end of the July, I should also participate in Wendy's mystery shawlette KAL. Apparently the knitting part of my brain, and the portion in charge of the remainder of my day-to-day life do not communicate. For example, I'm pretty sure knitting brain is unaware that I am employed.)

2 comments :

Mrs. Homesteader said...

Love this! And I really love this book! I might have to get it.

Randomness- If I send you a skein of yarn, will you use it for this and post nice things about it in the group? (Obviously, if you hate it, you don't have to post nice things)

Unknown said...

absolutely!