Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That's a wrap

Or maybe a scarf. I'm really not quite sure, but what I do know is that I finished Saroyan:

IMG_4027


Pattern: Saroyan
Yarn: Valley Yarns Stockbridge in soft grape, 2.75 skeins
Needles: size 8
Mods: zip, zero, zilch

This isn't exactly a summer knit, although I guess you could make the argument that leaves = summer. Worsted weight wool/alpaca blend does not. But I zipped through it so quickly, the heaviness wasn't really an issue. This is an easy knit, mostly stockinette, with the leaf edging to keep things interesting.

IMG_4019


It's wide enough at its widest point to be more of a shoulder wrap, but also perfectly usable as a scarf.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend modeling it outside in 80-degree weather, but I'm so dedicated, I'm always willing to suffer for my art:

IMG_4029

Today's the last day to enter my blogiversary contest, so don't forget to visit this post over here and leave a comment!

No comments :