Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On weetle fwends

Sometimes, you just need a little piglet in your life:

IMG_5152

And sometimes, she's purple.

Penelope here was knit up from scrapes of various projects, based on a free pattern from Spud & Chloe. Rather than knit the inserts for the ears and snout as instructed, which sounded tedious and fiddly, I felted a square of Malabrigo worsted (boy it felts well!), cut out 2 triangles and a circle, and (very sloppily) sewed them in place.

IMG_5151

I knit toys so rarely because of the legs--so much seaming and sewing and trying to arrange them symmetrically so your pig, elephant, cat, whatever doesn't topple over headfirst. Penelope doesn't seem too wobbly, so maybe I've finally got the knack of appendages.

I forgot to take a picture of Penelope's wee tail but, trust me, it's equally adorable.

No comments :