Saturday, April 21, 2012

On accidents

I had a bit of a, um, yarn "accident" this afternoon:

IMG_5299

I didn't intend to do any yarn shopping, but we got a call asking for a showing of the condo, so we had to make ourselves scarce for about an hour. What better way to do so than to visit Fibre Space??

I came away with just this, which I think shows at least some restraint. Sort of. Although with MD Sheep and Wool in just 2 weeks, I know I really shouldn't have bought anything.

Oh well.

Pretty.

I also wanted to give you guys a peek at the latest shipment I received from the Madelinetosh yarn club:

IMG_5295

This is the new (I think?) Tosh Mo, a blend of superwash merino and kid mohair (70/30). I'm not usually one for mohair, but I don't find it scratchy or unruly in this blend. The yarn is soft, and the color is gorgeous, a silvery/sage/cream. Ravelry has it listed as a DK, but after knitting up a swatch, I definitely think it's a worsted. I'm hoping to turn it into a short-sleeved cardi, possibly this one (with, you know, short sleeves, obviously).

And last but certainly not least, these arrived in the mail, soon to become some new designs!

IMG_5294 

For someone hoping to move soon, I certainly am accumulating an absurd amount of yarn. 

Which brings me to another point: just over a week until my fundraiser for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America comes to an end! Now is the time to donate--you'll be entered to win a prize, and I'll be able to mail the prizes out, giving me one less thing to pack up and move. Do it today! We've got $350 to go until I reach my goal--so spread the word. Facebook, Twitter, Ravelry, tell everyone you know--small donations add up, and every bit counts!

No comments :