Friday, September 28, 2012

On crafting space

Slowly, slowly, slowly, my craft room/office is coming together.

I finally got it cleaned out and sorta kinda organized this weekend, moving a bunch of non-crafting stuff that had been tossed in there to the basement.

Here's the space:

Untitled

Untitled

And here's the latest addition to it:

Untitled

This is my new Hemnes Secretary from IKEA.

It opens up like this:

Untitled

And now I have a work space for computer work--pattern writing, blogging, emails, that sort of thing. The best part is getting to close it back up to hide all the clutter I'm sure will accumulate.

And the cabinets at the bottom give me even more storage space.

Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled, getting my own CRAFT room, but I really expect to use it more like an office, as I work to develop and expand my freelance translation business. And of course, work on new designs.

I would never get anything productive done from the couch.

The next step is to add a decorative storage bench, a pseudo window seat, which will go right here, and cover that lovely stain the previous owners left us.

Untitled

Then at some point I'll get to painting and decorating. And curtains.

And probably new carpet.

Someday.

No comments :