Monday, April 1, 2013

Bound Off: Super Secret FO Edition

It's no secret that JJ has put a rather large dent in my knitting time, but I must confess, the other knitting time suck has been a design I've been working on.

Last year, when I was still pregnant but in denial about the end result of pregnancy being a real live baby that eats all your free time, I submitted a design proposal for an upcoming pattern collection. The response I got wasn't quite what I was expecting--it turned out my design didn't work for that particular collection, but they wanted to include it in a different upcoming collection!

I said "Woohoo!" and got to work.

On Thursday, I sent the finished pattern off. The collection won't be published until October--which sounds like a million years away, but will almost certainly be here before I know it. Until then, the design is a secret, so I can only offer these wee peeks:




This is my first real garment, with sizes and everything. The sample currently resides on my dress form, Amelia, where it's waiting patiently for me to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight so it fits (I say, as I gobble down a Cadbury Creme Egg).

My pattern will be given to test knitters and tech editors, so there's still work to be done, but for now, I can put it out of mind, and with no other deadlines rapidly approaching, can devote more of my meager knitting time to personal projects. I've cast on my Coolbreeze cardigan, and am working on a few pair of socks/booties for JJ, as well as a sweater that I really ought to finish so he can wear it at least once before the weather warms up.

Last week I also caught wind of Quince and Co.'s new yarn, Owl, a rustic-looking wool/alpaca blend, and thought it looked perfect for a Twigs and Willows cardigan, so I ordered a bunch in a gorgeous, earthy yellow shade. Of course, I still have to wind it, so I won't be doing anything with it anytime soon.

No comments :