Friday, May 3, 2013

Wound Yarn and other Promises

Untitled

Piles of wound yarn hold so much promise, don't they?

I got a bit of winding time in on Tuesday, and wound up half the yarn for my Twigs and Willows Cardigan, a couple skeins of a single ply Madelinetosh worsted weight that I might use for June's Favorite Cardigan, and a big skein of Neighborhood Fiber Co. worsted weight for a yet-to-be-determined sweater for JJ.

I even managed to swatch for the Twigs and Willows cardi:

Untitled

I'm using Quince and Co. Owl for this project, their latest yarn. It's a 50/50 wool alpaca blend that's quite soft, but still rustic looking. The color is chamomile, a yellowy-green. So now I just need time to knit the actual sweater.

I'm pleased to report that I have also been making some progress behind the scenes related to MediaPeruana Designs. I'm slooooooooowly working on redesigning the website--I want something cleaner, brighter and more cohesive. Over the course of a few days' naptimes, I managed to create a couple of new graphics and look up--but not read--some instructions on adding custom fonts to blogger. Slooooooooooowly.

I also have 3 design projects in the works, including a full version of the Smooches newborn hat.

Smooches hat

This hat will soon be available in five sizes--kids sizes using sport weight yarn, and adult sizes in worsted weight.

And I can hardly believe it, but it's just about time for Maryland Sheep and Wool again! The event is this weekend, and the MediaPeruana family will be there on Sunday--be sure to say hi if you see us!

No comments :