Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Sampler: 30 Minute Knits

IMG_4457

All the baby sleep books I've read--or skimmed, at least--seem to be under the impression that babies take naps. And by 5 months of age, are napping 2 or 3 times a day, for 1.5-2 hours at a shot.

These people do not have my baby.

My baby sleeps for about 30 minutes at a time, 3-4 times a day--if I force him. No matter how much yawning and eye rubbing he's doing, the minute I try to put him to sleep, he's throwing a fit. So I spend 20 minutes getting him to sleep, only to have him wake up 30 minutes later.

The whole thing is exhausting. For me.

(Don't even get me started on the "sleep begets sleep" thing--some magical forces wrangled a full 2 hour nap out of him yesterday afternoon, only to have him refuse to sleep between 11pm and 1am.)

It's also really cutting into my knitting time.

So I've put together this list of "30 Minute Knits."

Ok, they will probably take you a bit longer than 30 minutes. Maybe a few 30 minute spurts. But the idea is, small projects that will leave you with a sense of accomplishment, despite limited knitting time.

a very braidy cowl
Photo courtesy of maryse

A Very Braidy Cowl. So much cable-y goodness.


75 yard fingerless mitts
Photo courtesy of Jeanne S

75 Yard Malabrigo Fingerless Mitts. With only 75 yards, they must be quick to knit.


Catnip Bunnies
Photo courtesy of Coffee & Cream

Catnip Bunny. Knit 1 or an army.


joogasukat
Photo courtesy of Ziina77

Yoga Socks. No heels, no toes.


Photo courtesy of A la Sascha

Cabled Bracelets. No bangles required.


IMG_4486

And I have to plug my own Deep Creek Cowl. In bulky yarn, it's a fast knit.

No comments :