Monday, November 25, 2013

Eyeing the Finish Line

image

Finally--FINALLY!--I can see the finish line for one of my biggest projects of 2013, the Mommy and Me sweaters.

Were they done for our family portrait session? Of course not. But I can say, without a doubt, they will be done in time for us to wear them at some point during the holiday season.

Because if they're not, I'm going to jump out a window.

You may recall I'm using Tanis Lavallee's CoolBreeze cardigan patterns for this set, and her Yellow Label DK yarn as well, in a lovely palette of autumn colors. The mommy sweater is down to the cuff on the second sleeve. I made the brilliant decision of knitting the buttonbands before the sleeves, so hurrah!

Although, of course, there are many ends to be woven in and buttons to be sewn on.

image

JJ's cardigan is even closer--all the knitting is done, the sleeves and underarms just need to be seamed.

I am determined to finish both this week.

And this ball of yarn sitting here taunting me is my inspiration:

image

This is the yarn, some lovely Madelinetosh Vintage, for my Pumpkin Ale cardigan. This sweater needs to be in my collection yesterday. I adore it. Not casting on has been killer, but I've just had so much on my plate. I promised I would finish these sweaters first.

Almost there!

And speaking of yarn, if you haven't already, check out the Knit Picks BIG SALE, going on right now, through December 1. So many gorgeous yarns and colorways marked down, it's the perfect time to pick up a few skeins. I'd be remiss if I didn't tell you that Wool of the Andes Sport, used in the Javi sweater; Swish Tonal, used in the Cielito baby blanket, and Palette, used in the Warblers fingerless mitts, are all on sale!

No comments :