Friday, March 7, 2014

Flashback Friday: CCFA Fundraiser

Yes, it was the 80s. Why do you ask?

Long-time readers of this blog may remember that 2 years ago, I sponsored a fundraiser for the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America here on Learner's Per-knit.

Well, get ready, because I'm doing it again!

My sister and I participate in the Baltimore Take Steps, Be Heard walk in honor of my mom, who has long battled Crohn's disease. This year, I'm hoping to raise $750--and that's where you guys come in.

I'm currently working to put together a collection of awesome fiber arts-related prizes for donors. Our fundraiser will officially kick off on April 1, and run through June 1. Every $5 donated will earn you one entry (so $10 = 2 entries, $25 = 5 entries, etc.).

You'll also be able to earn additional entries by tweeting, Facebooking and doing various other social media-related activities. We want to get the word out, and get as many knitters, crocheters, spinners and fiber artists participating in this drive as possible!

So, get ready! Save up your pennies. Organize your stash to make room for more yarn. Finish those WIPs so you're ready to cast on new projects. Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest, like MediaPeruana Designs on Facebook--you'll have all your bases covered. 

And if you're a designer, indie dyer, or owner of too many knitting books to count that you need to clear out, I hope you'll consider donating a prize! If interested, please send me an email.

Happy weekend!

No comments :